September 4, 2011

My English Learning History

  It all started when I began my school in first grade. I was six years old.

  There were butterflys on the class wall with colors. (One butterfly was red, one blue...etc). Next to each butterfly, was a text with the name of the color in English. The teacher taught us colors in English with these pictures. She also taught us how to introduce ourselves in English. (My name is...). Every time I didn't have anything to do in the class, I studied the colors. Then I taught English is easy.

  My English classes began when I was in third grade. The first classes were easy, we learned how to introduce ourselves in English - which I already knew how to - and to say "hello" and so on. Then we got our English textbooks. I didn't understand anything about it. And then we had to learn more and study more words. Then I started to think that english was difficult. I wasn't good at it anymore. And that's why I began to hate English. Because I wasn't good at it.
  In fifth grade we had a vocabulary exam. This time I thought the words were easy. I knew every word and I got a top grade. I was so happy. The teacher smiled at me. I was really proud of my myself. After that exam, I started to like English again. I studied hard and I got good grades. I felt that I was good at it, which made me study even more. English became one of my favourite subjects.

   I have read few English books. (Percy Jackson And The Olympians -series). I didn't understand all the words, but I did understand what the book said. And it's really awesome to read an English book.  
   I have also watched anime and movies with English subtitles or just with the English soundtrack. English books and movies - and of course music - have helped to improve my English a lot.

  English is a very important language, it's a word language. You have to learn how to speak English, for your future. You can't travel abroad without knowing English, nobody understands you. In university many of the books are in English.
  We have exchange students in our school, and I'm talking in English with them.
  So, this all proves that English is very important, for everybody.

   Anna

3 comments:

  1. I like your story.When I was younger I didn´t like English eather and now I think that it´s no so hard!.I´m agree with the last thing that you have write,English it´s the world language,totally true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Anna!I liked your first contact with English, it must have been fun!
    And I agree with Covi and you, English is the world language. We could improve it together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here a third person who totally agrees with all of you that English seems to be a real world language these days. It's good to have a 'lingua franca' that you can use with people from so many different linguistic backgrounds.
    It's really nice to hear that you have read some English books. You will learn the language very well, and as you noticed, you don't have to understand every single word to be able to understand the story. Seems that you have found many great ways to improve your English!

    ReplyDelete